Thursday, February 26, 2009
I'm doing thankful Thursday again :-) This week in Bible study I realized that the best way to conquer complaining is to be thankful. Since my husband is gone again this week I have been having a hard time not complaining.
1. I am thankful that God has given me more patience to deal with my little ones. I held my 1 1/2 yo for 30 minutes before she stopped having a fit. It was great to not get upset, to spend time praying over her and just being able to enjoy holding her. After she was done she was joyful and we enjoyed so special quiet time together.
2. This weekend I am going on a womens retreat. I am thankful that my loving husband is able to care for the children in a way that I will have no worries for them. It is still going to be hard to leave the baby but I really need a time to get refocused on God. With DH being gone so much it has been hard to have time for Bible study.
3. I am thankful that my youngest is such a happy baby. I love that I can just look at her and she lights up with a big smile!
4. I am thankful that I got a new book! ("When Two Become One" McCluskey) It should be great for our marriage.
5. I am grateful to know that God loves me even when I feel VERY unlovable. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20
Friday, February 20, 2009
In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus
And when I am alone, give me Jesus
And when I am afraid, give me Jesus
You can have all this world, but give me Jesus
Every time I hear this song I am moved. When I am alone or afraid all I need is Jesus! The last line is my favorite.......you can have all this world, but give me Jesus. Lord, I pray that I live my life in a way the honors you. That you are all I need.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I Never Grew Up is celebrating one year of blogging by offering over $1200 in giveaways. Check out Vanessa's favorite companies who are all contributing to the birthday party.
I hope I win #3 I just love wooden toys!! But I haven't made it all the way through the list of giveaways yet!
I am very thankful today so here is my list:
1. I am thankful that we are able to stay at home and spend time with my children. Today we are going to the Children's Museum which will be a fun adventure.
2. I am thankful that my husband cares about me and he shows it. Last night I had to run to the store (out of diapers not a good thing with 2 babies) and the roads were bad. He left church and waited for me at the store instead of going home. He was there to put stuff in the car and follow me home.
3. I am thankful that my son's girlfriend is going to teach me to crochet. I need a creative outlet.
4. Two babies that sleep well! I need that down time so it is a blessing that they both sleep so well!
5. My dd M has such a heart for God. I love that she prays for her friends and worries more about what God thinks than people. Last night she witnessed to a friend that she has had since she was a baby. She really cares about others and it is a blessing to hear her pray.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Because Babies Grow Up is giving away a set of bean bags! I really need a set of bean bags and with 2 babies I just have not found the time to make our own. Go check out her site! It has some wonderful activities for little ones. We use lots of her songs in our circle time.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
My mind is always going. I can't sleep many nights because I am always running over some plan, a list of things to do, or thinking of what I should of done. Tonight I am up again so I pick up a devotional that I have been reading "101 Cups Of Water" by c.d. baker. It must be a God thing because what I read started out with "I can't turn off my brain"!!! He goes on to say "But nonstop thinking and analyzing cam be overrated, a way of tricking myself into believing I can control my world. I need to remember that I'm not really in charge of my life."
Is that what I'm doing?!? trying to control my world? When I stop to contemplate it I think that is what I am doing. My prayer tonight is from Psalms 46:10a Be still, and know that I am God. Lord I pray that you will still my anxious thoughts and remind me that you are in control. You are God.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
5 things I am thankful for this week:
1. Even thought it means that my dear husband is out of town I am thankful that he has work. I try to trust fully that the Lord will provide but I struggle.
2. I am thankful that I got a chance to see the ultrasound of my new grandson. It has been hard to accept that my son's girlfriend is pregnant but I an glad that the baby is healthy and doing well. I pray that God will be able to use this to reach my son and his gf. Thank you Lord for babies.
3. Craft time and paint. What a joy it is to explore crafts with my kids. Even if the 1 1/2 gets paint all over every thing. I am thankful that I am able to enjoy this time with them
4. Valentines Day........ok I know that it is a "hallmark" holiday but what a wonderful time to be thankful and loving toward our families. And most important it is a wonderful chance to show God's Love. I am thankful that we are having friends over to celbrate tomorrow.
5. I am thankful for my dd M who is going to be 11 1/2 tomorrow. She is such a joy to be around and I have learned so much from her.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Due to all the cold and bad weather around here we have been in the house LOTS!! Trying to stay healthy. So this weekend we planned some family adventures. Looking back most of it was very simple but some best times are just enjoying time together.
So here is a glimpse of what we did this weekend. Friday my dh took M ice skating. My dd had so much fun. I got to stay home with the babies and read. I enjoy having time alone it isn't often that the house is quiet. Saturday we did some simple stuff around our house. First it was to Home Depot to make a Valentines box. It was a bit tricky but turned out sooooo cute. Tomorrow we are going to paint them. That should be an adventure by itself. Z really thought that the adventure was going to Home Depot. At 1 1/2 she wanted to touch every thing! She was very fond of some nylon rope!? Scary to ponder what was going through her mind at the time. Then we were off to the library. DH and I did our marriage study together well Z played in the kids area. She loves to explore the kids play area but most days we are too busy to spend much time there. She had lots of time to do puppets, puzzles and play with the train table. Then it was home for naps for all besides mom. I was able to sneak out and get some fun things for Valentines Day.
Sunday we went to church in the morning. We had a great time of worship. Then it was off to the Zoo!! I was a bit worried to go to the zoo in February but we had a wonderful time. Z was thrilled with all the animals. I love to see the joy on her face! It was a good thing she is so young though because otherwise I would have to explain why the bison was drinking the pee of the other bison?!?! Uck! I have no idea and don't want to try to explain that. We went to Rocky Rocco's after the Zoo. There use to be one closer to us that dh and I went to when we were dating. It was a great weekend together and very much needed. Life can get so busy.