I haven't blogged much lately! If you can imagine I have been busy (2 babies can keep me very busy and it is not easy to type with one hand). This past week we celebrated our anniversary. I have been so busy and so emotional lately that I haven't done a very good job of honoring my husband. In fact I have not honored him at all. So this week we had some time where we reconnected and I was reminded what I love about him.
Here is my short list on what I love about my husband.
1. He love me like Christ. My childhood was not pleasant and I have a hard time with the love of a father. God has blessed me with a husband that loves me with a true love.
2. He is honest. I know that what he says is true.
3. He is a man of integrity. He loves God and always strives to do the right thing.
4. He is a loving father. He often takes over for me when I am at the end of my patience. Last night he spent about an hour getting the 1 1/2 year old to stay in bed.
5. He prays for me. What a blessing it is to me to hear my husband pray over the little things that are going on in my life (and the big).
6. He provides for his family. I can't remember when he last missed a day of work. He gets up every morning and works hard every day without fail.
7. He never gets upset with me when every thing is not done. (there are days when having 2 little ones makes it impossible to get every thing done :-))
8. He encourages me to spend time with friends and get out.
9. He cares for others. He helps when needed and is always ready to listen.
10. When I need him he is there for me. Last year was a hard year and he never complained about having to do so much when I wasn't able.
11. He writes me letters instead of giving me cards. (although he does that some times)
12. He got me mint meltaways, 2 books and flowers (plus the hand written love letter) for our anniversary. All of my favorite things! So my last thing would be that he knows what I like.
I thanks God for blessing me with such a wonderful husband. I know that I don't deserve him. MJ I love you! Even when I have a hard time showing you!!