Tuesday, February 17, 2009

peace


My mind is always going. I can't sleep many nights because I am always running over some plan, a list of things to do, or thinking of what I should of done. Tonight I am up again so I pick up a devotional that I have been reading "101 Cups Of Water" by c.d. baker. It must be a God thing because what I read started out with "I can't turn off my brain"!!! He goes on to say "But nonstop thinking and analyzing cam be overrated, a way of tricking myself into believing I can control my world. I need to remember that I'm not really in charge of my life."
Is that what I'm doing?!? trying to control my world? When I stop to contemplate it I think that is what I am doing. My prayer tonight is from Psalms 46:10a Be still, and know that I am God. Lord I pray that you will still my anxious thoughts and remind me that you are in control. You are God.

No comments:

Post a Comment