Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

5 things that I am thankful for this Thursday

1. Date night! It has been way to long! Between my dh working out of town and Christian conferences (one for each of us)it has been a too long since we have had any time together so this Sunday we have my MIL lined up to babysit. Praying that every one keeps on the track to getting healthy.

2. The library and free days at the Children's museum. Like every one we are feeling the budget tightening so it is great to be able to have fun free stuff to do. The girls love the library and have tons of fun in the kids area. Games, puzzles, crafts and you get to borrow some new books to them it doesn't get any better. Then it is off to the museum for some more fun. WOW! They should sleep well tonight.

3. Antibiotics my little one had a ear infection and it is hard to have a little one in pain.

4. my camera I have not been thankful for having one. I have been a bit of an (mostly internal) complainer about it. So to day I am grateful that I have a camera and that it works.

5. I am thankful that I am sticking to my bible study (BSF). We're in Numbers (which is hard for me) but I am amazed at what God has been teaching me. Aaron being an example of our eternal High Priest really gives meaning to some of the reading I have done in the NT. What really stand out in my lesson is from Numbers 16:47-48 when Aaron intercedes for the people, "he stood between the living and the dead and the plague stopped" That is what Jesus did for me. He death on the cross keep me from death! Instead I have received Eternal Life. Praise God!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful list. So glad you'll be able to enjoy a date night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to read your list..
    Your last words touched me "he stood between the living and the dead and the plague stopped" That is what Jesus did for me. He death on the cross keep me from death! Instead I have received Eternal Life. Praise God!"
    ....
    Your #1 encouraged me to up this idea again of a datenight.....

    Blessings
    Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelli!

    I hope you have a wonderful date night with your hubby!! Your mention of the library brought back some very fond memories of my own 3 and the library!! It seems we were always there for something--and all three of them loved the library and the various activities offered FREE there.

    Sometimes I miss those days, but then again now our relationship is at a new and different level that's wonderful, too!

    Have a blessed day!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete