Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

today I am having a struggle being Thankful (lack of sleep and days of sick kids). But I know that on days when I don't feel thankful I need to make a list :-)

1. I am thankful that I can hold A! My dear little one has not been feeling well and just wants to be held. I have to let go of some of the other things that need to be done and enjoy what a blessing it is to hold a wiggle baby. Even if it is hard to type with her one my lap :-)

2. I am thankful that my husband had jury duty on Tuesday and got done early enough that we could enjoy the day as a family. The weather was perfect! it was a beautiful day!



3. I am thankful that I can hear my daughters laughter. What a sweet sound.

4. That after years of praying my daughter has a wonderful friend.

5. I am thankful that God loves my children more than I do! It is hard to see them not feeling well or struggling with life but it is great to know that God cares about it even more that I do.

5 comments:

  1. Knowing that God loves our children more than we do is such an important thing to realize for us mom's! I'm also seeing His love for my kids this week. We have such a loving God.

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a blessing to know that God loves more than we do. Rejoicing with you for answered prayer.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so right, it's when things are a struggle that looking for our blessings, the things we are thankful for, are most important. And when we make that list, our current troubles take on a different weight, they're lighter knowing our God is with us.
    thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days it is definitely harder than others to be thankful. I will pray for your and your family's renewed strength. "I am thankful that I can hear my daughters laughter. What a sweet sound." That is a wonderful reminder to me. Hearing my kids laugh is one of my greatest joys, especially on days when I NEED to laugh, too. BLESSINGS TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, even though it was hard! And yes, one of the "positives" of sick babies is they let you snuggle them!

    ReplyDelete