Sunday, March 22, 2009

shocked!




I am shocked that godsown choose me to recieve a blog award. I haven't been blogging very long (I still prefer journaling Shhhhh)so I don't really think to much about others reading my blog. This is also my first blog award. The more time I spend blogging to more I become addicted which leads me to the rules ;-)


Two rules accompany this award:

1. Confess 5 things you are addicted to.
2. Pass the award on to 5 deserving bloggers.

Five addictions: (in totally random order!!)


1.Bible study, with little ones it has been hard to make it to church every week so I am loving both Bible studies I am in. My dh can stay with the kids and I can enjoy drawing closer to God and having fellowship with other believers.
2. my husband having him gone so much over the past months has reminded me that I am really addicted to him reading!!!
3. I read 2-3 books a week plus my Bible and numerous blogs
4. my kids I am addicted to spending time with them, finding great ideas for them, teaching them about Jesus, reading to them, exploring life with them and just loving on them!!!
5. taking pictures some many wonderful memories to preserve

so now I am suppose to pick 5 bloggers! Not an easy task!

Five deserving bloggers:
1. Cristine at Journeying Forward. One of the few bloggers that I know in really life and one of the reasons that I felt lead to start blogging. She has encouraged me in ways that she may never know!


2. Sharon B. at Quiet Reflections. Many time her words have been just what I needed. Recently I was having a bad attitude about serving my family (it can get a little crazy here and no one was doing their jobs ;-)) and I read her blog about Dying to Self. Lets just say it was just what I needed to be reminded of my own need to die to self.

3. Angie at Bring the Rain! Angie is amazing she has been through a lot but she trusts in God thru it all. On nights when I have struggled with the pain of my past I have been blessed by reading her blog. I often find myself moved to tears but I am always reminded how Great our God is.

4. Sonya from Truth 4the Journey I try ever week to join her for Thankful Thursday. I need to be reminded to be thankful. She always has a wonderful list of things she is thankful for.

5. See Saw Faith at Focused on the Center I love her description of herself "I am silly, serious, confusing, confused, illogical, creative, messy, emotional and blessed beyond all measure." That alone is enough to make me want to read her blog because I can totally relate!!!


If you have received the award already, then just accept it as confirmation of your blogs impact.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award!

    You read a couple of books a WEEK?!?!? Where do you find the time? I'm jealous -- ok, I will not covet your ability to read a couple of books a week.

    Love,
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to clarify I don't neglect the babies (or older kids) but I don't watch tv. Which gives me time to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congradulations and GOD bless...and I know what you mean about journaling....GOD drug me into the blogging world kicking and screaming!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete